The Jalapeno Popper Dip Introduction

 Jalapeno Popper Dip 

Ingredients 

10 slices of Bacon
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup of mayonnaise
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 minced jalapenos
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack 
Kosher Salt to taste
Fresh Crushed Black Pepper to Taste

Instructions 

  1. Set your oven to 350
  2. Prepare bacon slices to crispy doneness and crumble 
  3. Stir together cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, bacon (holding back some for topping), jalapeno, and one cup of each type of cheese
  4. transfer to an onion safe skillet or baking dish top with remaining bacon and cheeses
  5. Bake at 350 until cheeses is melted and golden brown ~ 15 minutes
  6. Serve with tortilla chips
I decided to spoil my players for Sunday's D&D game. I have kept the group small as I am easing back into my game running skills, and I feel some obligation to be a good host and run a solid game. In that spirit I had already decided to toss on my spicy meatballs. That recipe will wait for another post. I was somewhat stymied for something to compliment a crockpot full of spicy meatballs. Ideally, I would have had time to make up some tater skins or something similar because a little salty to go with the sweet and savory would have brought balance. 



Instead I decided to go with tortilla chips because, well, I love them. I put some debate into hooking up some buffalo chicken dip and discarded it as a contrasting protein. A dip felt right.  The Jalapeno Popper dip was the result. 
It also gave me an excuse to buy a cute set of baking dishes from Pioneer Woman. To be clear, the above picture was the result of me running late to start the game. I just decided to not crumble my dressing bacon. Not one complaint was heard. 

As a matter of fact,  my crew dug into the dip and meatballs with equal hunger. Everyone made the happy noises around food that I enjoy. I noticed though that what everyone kept going back for more of was the dip. That is a good sized baking dish and it was nearly wiped out at the end of a four hour session. 

This pleased me to no end. The Jalapeno Popper Dip is going to be a go to for gatherings. My trick is going to be in keeping in scarce enough that people ask me for it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ennui

Losing Myself in Distraction