The Creamy Chicken Taco Celebration

 Before I jump into a fabulous recipe that is both exceptionally simple and delicious I want to take a second and say that I revisited the ravioli casserole with much better results. This go round I followed the original recipe including using the correct size baking dish and  leaving off the pepperoni. It was quite tasty though I don't love it for leftovers more than once. Without a protein reheating sauce, cheese, and noodles gets a bit bland. 


I am not saying that meals taste better in my Spider-man bowl, but they certainly don't taste worse.

The star of this week's culinary though was a surprise. With the crazy rise in costs on groceries I have been seeking out cheap solutions that are still satisfying and healthy. I add bonus points if I can tempt the kid to the table with the meal. Anything in the Tex-Mex realm is worth a look for me. I am a fat guy who loves my tacos. 

Creamy Chicken Tacos

Ingredients

1 pound of chicken breasts
16 ounces of salsa
8 ounces of cream cheese
1-2 tablespoons of taco seasoning

Instructions

  1. Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray
  2. add all ingredients
  3. Cook on high for 3 hours (low for 5 if you'd rather) 
  4. Shred chicken in the crock pot
  5. allow mixture to cook for 15 more minutes
  6. serve in tortilla, taco shells, over rice, or over nachos. dress as you would a taco.
I fell in love with this recipe for good reason. It is easy and delicious. 

 This is also super easy to double up on if you have a crowd to feed. It reheats well. There is really no downside that I have seen to this meal. The only change I may attempt on my next batch is dropping in a diced jalapeno. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ennui

Losing Myself in Distraction