The Egg Roll Deconstruction

 Egg Roll in a Bowl 

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef or pork
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 14 ounces of shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 teaspoons sriracha 
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons sliced green onions

Instructions

In a large pan or skillet ban your beef or pork. 
Add garlic, cabbage or coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and ginger and sauté until cabbage is tender
Clear the center of the pan moving cooked ingredients to the edge
Scramble egg 
Mix well
Stir in sriracha, sesame oil
top with green onions
serve and enjoy


This is a super easy fix for those egg roll cravings when you are wanting to cut carbs. Let me start by telling you what not to do. Do not mix up the spoon for the sriracha sauce. Don't get me wrong. It make an excellent meal, but it left me with my sinuses clear and nose running. 

This recipe might be keto friendly. I don't really worry about that sort of thing. Big picture for me is that it is cheap to put together, quick, filling, and most of all tastes amazing. Isn't that pretty much what cooking is all about? For the record I used ground beef and coleslaw mix on the first preparation.

Ashley made a different version of this for me last year. It was delicious and when I was looking for a new recipe for this week I decided this was one that just had to go on the books. I think some of the best food is found with other people. It doesn't matter to me if that is found in a great new spot to go out to eat or something cool to try in the kitchen. Sharing the meals is the entire point. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ennui

Losing Myself in Distraction