January 22 Comic Book Pull List

Ablaze

Mirka Andolfo's Un/sacred
   If depth of story and serious character development is your thing, this is probably not the book for you. If you like twisted, lighthearted humor full of almost teenage level of sexual tension coupled with beautiful art read Un/sacred. I would buy this one just to support the author and appreciate the eye candy. 

DC

Batman #87
   I have been waiting for the book from the very second I closed the back cover to issue #86. Tynion IV is giving us a major thrill ride. 
Batman Beyond #40
    Who is Batwoman? I am still betting on Max. 
Batman Curse of the White Knight #6
   I love you, Sean Murphy! 
Detective Comics #1019
Superman #19
   After Kal-El revealed his Clark Kent identity to the world, I honestly cannot wait to see the aftermath. 
Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen #2

Marvel

Conan: Serpent War #4
Excalibur #6
Marauders #6

DC really stepped it up this week. 

The Year to Date Numbers are as follows:

Ablaze 1
Aftershock 1
A Wave Blue World 3
Dark Horse 5
DC 11
Dynamite 2
IDW 1
Image 3
Marvel 17
Oni 1
Yen Press 1

So it is worth noting that Garin won the battle to have me read Crone. While it isn't on my pull list, I am really counting the books I am reading year to date. I read 3 issues of Cayrel's Ring for research for an interview. It was fantastic Sci Fi. I also read the Rome West and an early preview of Star Ship Down for Dark Horse Comics. Both are written by Justin Giampaoli. I am absolutely hooked and really appreciated his work and the interview. For numbers sake I am counting the Trade Paperback as 1 issue.

I also stumbled across the manga Final Fantasy Lost Stranger. I am a life long Final Fantasy fan, and I am chewing my way through the first volume. There are 4 books in the series so far. I strongly suspect I will have them all in short order. I guess then I should take the time to catch up on One Punch Man. 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ennui

Losing Myself in Distraction