Comic Book Pull List 01/08/2020

Aftershock

Knights Temporal #5
   Is this the final issue? Is this the end of the first arc? Is this the end of volume 1? What the hell is happening in this comic book anyway? This is the best thing I am reading that I do not understand at all. 

DC

Batman #86 
   This is the first issue of Tynion's run. I am excited to see where the Dark Knight will go next. 

Dynamite

Vengeance of Vampirella #4
  The only Vampirella title worth reading, currently. The main series is only worth the cover art at this point. 

IDW

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #101 
   I am not at all ready to deal with the death of Master Splinter. 

Marvel

Conan: Serpent War #3
   I am loving the mythology behind this one. 
Excalibur #5
Fallen Angels #5
   I really resent spending money on this. I hope this is the final issue. 
Ghost Rider #4
Immortal Hulk #29
New Mutants #5
Savage Avengers 39
X-Force #5

2020 is going to be the year of me not wasting money on comic books I do not want to read. I am getting *ahem* savage about my pull list. There are a few things coming up that I am on the fence about. As an example, I am really over the "Wasteland" comics that Marvel is doing (Old Man Logan, Old Man Hawkeye, Old Man Quill, Dead Man Logan). The newest entry Avengers of the Wasteland is only 5 issues. I have managed to convince myself to read this one to be a completionist, but if it doesn't hold water it will be the end of that faith. 

I have opted to walk away from Amazing Spider-man, the Flash, Batman Superman, Dr. Strange, and Justice League (as soon as Snyder is done with his run.) I am being increasingly choosy about my art, my story, and the over all quality of a comic. I can defend this easily because Marvel & DC are increasing their prices across the board. I will sacrifice the books I only partially enjoy and have less to talk about on my podcast in favor of reading the books that I get great value out of.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ennui

Losing Myself in Distraction